Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shaun Baker Showreel, Feedback most welcomed!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jestersheepy polycounter lvl 8
Latest showreel!
I will eventually like to get a lot of the still shots near the end into actual environments/videos.
The Viking pieces are my current works and will have my attention for the next few months until I graduate.

Let me know what you think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-XdVPgYz2g&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• Count Vader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Count Vader polycounter lvl 12
    looks sweet man, esp. for school work! "modular building" looks fantastic

On your hallway/research facility or whatever , you have scratches just flooding entire surface, this is a very fast way to get stuff to look worse/amateurish.

I would say either localize them more to the edges of stuff OR if you're trying to get the look of scratches accumulated everywhere over a long time, make them like practically invisible on the diffuse and spec, and make them strongest on the gloss (provided you are using a gloss map if not then whatever)
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Nice reel. Be sure to put up a back-up or Vimeo (or whatever), just in case!
  • jestersheepy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jestersheepy polycounter lvl 8
    looks sweet man, esp. for school work! "modular building" looks fantastic

On your hallway/research facility or whatever , you have scratches just flooding entire surface, this is a very fast way to get stuff to look worse/amateurish.

I would say either localize them more to the edges of stuff OR if you're trying to get the look of scratches accumulated everywhere over a long time, make them like practically invisible on the diffuse and spec, and make them strongest on the gloss (provided you are using a gloss map if not then whatever)

Cheers man, I will look into that more, it's a bit new to me being PBR. Currently the map is sitting in the roughness, I twill experiment.

And will do cholden, thanks :)
  • Psychotic_Mike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psychotic_Mike polycounter lvl 11
    Impressive stuff, how on earth did u get access to Unreal 4? (really jealous)
    Keep it up!