Offline / Send Message
ViktorBotto polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys!! My name is V

Replies

• retleks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    You've got a cool demo reel. Getting to your gallery seemed really slow, but that could just be my connection maybe.
    Personally I would do with a landing page, make your title image your demo reel, and have the gallery below that. I just usually want to see the work before anything else, because it often times trumps anything you might say.

As for the individual pieces, I think they are presented fine. Most of your organic stuff seems like you're using detail to make up for form/anatomy knowledge, so I would definitely suggest filling that well a bit more.
  • Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Hey Viktor, welcome to Polycount!

I agree with retleks about the landing page. The website should definitely go straight to your work.

Here's a thought the demo reel - since vimeo doesn't support linked HD videos unless you sign up for the paid version you may want to consider using Youtube (even though it isn't quite as classy).
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP/unfinished projects are a bad idea for portfolios; you will always be judged by your weakest piece, so only include your best stuff and cull periodically. Untextured projects appear unfinished.

Always include your contact information on your images.

If you're looking for work in games, make sure you include renders from a common game engine to show you're experienced with the complete process.

Some of your textures - t-rex and the archer - are muddy and rather dull. The muddy background for the archer really doesn't help relieve the dirt palette. For the archer, consider changing his cloak to a forest green. For the t-rex, consider one of the more interesting camouflage patterns out there. In modern projects - whether for games or movies - textures are at least as important as models, and it seems as though you rush through the texture to get to the next project.
    19635463e0_71104145_o2.jpg

If you're looking for work in the US, you should probably indicate your immigration status (work visa, H-1B, etc.) on your resume. Bringing in foreign workers tends to be expensive and time consuming for employers.
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    On my browser everything seems smaller than it should be. The text size seems small as well.