Home Technical Talk

World Machine with Z brush or with Mud box?

Which combination would you guys recommend? Especially the people here who create alot of terrains and maps.
World machine with Z Brush or World machine with Mud Box?

Replies

• AndroidBebop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't anyone offer some advise on this?
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    I am using world machine & mudbox for well over a year now and it works very well, i have no idea how the workflow is with Z brush but it should be much the same.
  • fade1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fade1 polycounter lvl 14
    i would say it does not matter. use the app you're better in. mudbox is easy to pick up. zbrush is hard to learn, but has more featuers. for the normal user i would suggest to use mudbox. enough features for normal usage there and easier to learn.
    but for terrain sculpting it does not matter. just block out your terrain in a very lowpoly way. you could even use maya or 3dmax for this. then go to world machine and create interesting details. i would stick to these results or change your input data for world machine. world machine has pretty much all features to create good terrains. you could even just work out of world machine and block out your terrain there.
  • AndroidBebop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys. :) I will look into Zbrush some more before deciding on anything.