Home Dota 2

MY FIRST DOTA 2 ITEM and struggles halp

Ok guys so i been studying for a year now, haven't yet learned mudbox properly so I had to teach myself, luckily its ez. The real problem with all my creations is unwrapping the UV's. I use the program UV layout but I can't get it to work like the tutorials even if I put a few cuts where the pinches are. Here is my jugg mask -

mlYAzpX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mlYAzpX.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/mlYAzpX.jpg

I'm having an issue where the mask wont stay on the head properly when you turn it. I dunno whether it has to do with the skinning. The models vertices seem to be lined up with the neck however in-game it all shifts and I don't know how to fix this. Let me show u this

GgQTlzN.png

Replies

• bazz_boyy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IM ALSO curious as to how I should get that highlight off the front of my mask, it's so bright and I don't know why it's happening. Here are the masks:

K4W3eOj.jpg

sTextures are pretty shit... but it's hard when my uv unwrap is so bad lol
  • bazz_boyy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UPDATE"

Still mad highlight on the face :,<
    dACzTmW.jpg
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man,

For the Mask rotation, you are going to want to move it to the spot, then freeze your transforms. Then weight it 100% to said bone. If it's still giving you wonky rotations I would recommend moving your pivot point on top of the said bone, so if it rotates for some weird reason on its own it will be forced to rotate with bone, and on same axis of bone.

That last bit is just some wizard magic hoping and guessing, most of this stuff comes down to trial and error whilst learning.

As for the highlight, I would just consult the dota2 texturing guides, because my knowledge of the maps is minimal :x

Goodluck man, hope this sorta helps!
  • bazz_boyy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heboltz3 I tried what you said but was unsuccessful T T. It's like the neck verts are frozen in place on the neck on the blizzard model. The bind and pivot changes seem to have no effect.