Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Working Class of Mars - Character WIP

Oli
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Oli polycounter lvl 5
Hi there!

Created a new thread for this character WIP. Its a Working Class use on Mars. It is a little bit of Sci-fi but not that much. The base mesh was done in 3ds and zbrush will be use for the High Res.

During the process critics and comments are welcome! Thanks

940x691.jpeg

940x691.jpeg

940x691.jpeg

940x691.jpeg

Replies

• Oli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oli polycounter lvl 5
    Here is a quick update! Still have to work on the head, the boots and the pants straps...and the jacket.

Critics and comments are welcome!

Thank

s2uv.jpg

taa6.jpg

ouw9.jpg

6eog.jpg
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    That is really creepy...in a good way....I think
    Anatomy looks a litte wierd, not sure if its intentional or not, might work out when all the high poly parts are put together.
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Looking really kewl so far...and it does look pretty creepy. Interesting stuff though man, looking forward to more. :)
  • Oli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oli polycounter lvl 5
    New updates!!

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, you are right about the anatomy...but it was meant to be like that. The shoulder is more like a ball joint under the t-shirt, and if the legs look shorter, it is because the crotch is low...but maybe I will adjust it by the end if its really looking to weird.

Thanks!

Updates:

z68o.jpg

ssa4.jpg

6g97.jpg
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Gotta say I love the suit design but those shoulders are killing it for me. I know its due to the augmentation but I would suggest scrapping it and going for a more realistic approach to that area. The only other problem I see is the size of the head. It's way to small, scale it up and it should look fantastic.

Apart from that, good job. Just keep working away at it.
  • Oli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oli polycounter lvl 5
    @Di$array
    It may not please to everyone the look of the shoulder, but I prefer keeping it this way. It is an artistic direction I assume. Some may like it and other don't...thanks for your opinion. However I may reconsider it by the end. For the head I'll probably upsize it lightly.

Updates are coming soon.
  • Oli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oli polycounter lvl 5
    Hi there, I finished this character. I know I didn't post a lot of ''in-progress'', I should have done it!...but critics and comments are welcome. I will take notes for the next character I'll do.
    As suggested I sized down the head, and the arms were shortened.
    The render was done in vray. High sculpt in zbrush and mudbox.
    Thanks

imla.jpg

ve7g.jpg

uchf.jpg

50ax.jpg

qbxlb.jpg

hkhq.jpg

nwtn.jpg