Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aborigine Model

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Bubblez polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone! I've started on a new model a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good idea to start posting here for feedback, and to also let people know I exist haha. Im not to far along in the model so I guess I will begin with post the work that I have done so far.

tumblr_mwnocrp4MI1rdtj06o1_1280.png

aborigine_wip_by_hamtoilet-d6v9ck4.jpg

aborigine_wip_2_by_hamtoilet-d6vw8p2.jpg

Replies

• Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    looks good, keep it on.
  • HammerFist3D2D
    Nothing to sugest. Good job
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great. Gonna follow this now :)
  • Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Looks nice :) saw this on the WYWO thread, only crit at the moment is the helmet doesnt have the sharp jawline like on the concept; I know its tilted so I wouldn't effect the front merely just pulling it a tad up at the back; did a quick paintover :) (if i knew how to post gifs on here i would but heres a link!)

Hope it helps and keep on working :D looks promising

http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2013112804WepImOGRhvEzcacafKTUOM&file=output_BxZu3V.gif
  • Bubblez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone!

@Dave Jr, Thank you for the gif, I don't know how to post them either(new to polycount and all). At first I didn't see what you were talking about but then looking at the gif, it made perfect sense.

If you celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Great start, will follow :)
  • Bubblez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got a chance to upload some small updates. Looking at it now, there is still a lot that needs to be changed. Im still not happy with the legs and they took me forever to do. the knee guard is kinda just floating there for now until I add straps. If you recognize the design, its because it is from a planet side concept. I will upload a reference sheet of all the images later on. Thanks for following everyone, hope I don't disappoint
    :D

tumblr_mxaa7noj641rdtj06o1_1280.png

tumblr_mxaaabPscM1rdtj06o1_1280.png

tumblr_mxaaabPscM1rdtj06o2_1280.png
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    I think it's hard to work from a rough concept like this, but maybe you should try to stick to it as much as you can. For example, she doesn't have separated boots, it's a part of the suit. And check the shape of the feet, and the other details. At the moment the boots you tried to invent are not really good imo.

aborigine_wip_by_hamtoilet-d6v9ck4.jpg

Keep it up !
  • RogelioD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
    giphy.gif

Keep up the hard work my main man!!!! Sub'd
  • Shad0w_Walker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Imo this looks awesome. My only crit would be, that I think, that the hips are too wide. But that's just my opinion.

What also jumped into my eyes were those cool sci-fi elements. (Mask, back)

Cheers
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Looks delicious.
  • jfeez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfeez polycounter lvl 8
    Looks great so far, i think that the rib cage and shoulders need widening, they are looking squished in atm
  • Bubblez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Roger and Suba.

@ Shad0w and jfeez: Yeah, I think my personal tastes are shining though a bit haha. I got some good advice from a friend of mine a while ago to fine a healthy medium between the concept and natural curves. I still need to do that. Her hips are to wide and her thighs are thick. I think once I change that her shoulders wont look so squished because she will have a slimmer figure.

@Texelion: Thanks for input. I know that she doesn't have separated boots, I was just trying it out. But I do agree with you. Besides what I've already done with the back, I should stick to the concept. I have worked all day and I got nothing done. For some reason, I am having massive amounts of trouble with the area you circled on the calves for some reason. Doesn't look that hard right, just some extrusions inward. But nope, cant get it lol. I'm still contemplating leaving that part on the shin that I made though.
  • Bubblez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress, I have her low Res almost complete as well, almost about ready to get uv’s going. The Low Rez is still a bit high because I still have to reduce the face. Its about 18 thousand right now. What do you guys think a good poly count should be?

tumblr_my1otwqmkK1rdtj06o1_1280.png

tumblr_my1otwqmkK1rdtj06o2_1280.png

tumblr_my1otwqmkK1rdtj06o3_1280.png
  • Bubblez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_n1459zKhzD1rdtj06o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1459zKhzD1rdtj06o2_1280.png

Ive been away for a while!!! I had a really craptastic job but now I have a better one at Legend 3D doing compositing. So I will be really busy. I will still have time here and there to update though. Im still working towards being a professional character artist but it will take a while. Doesn't hurt to have xp in the film industry though!.

Here is the lowres image with the uv's done! Onward to texture town! I have a question for anyone that is still following, I know I've kinda let this die haha. Is this an acceptable layout for the uv's? Would you guys do it different because right now everything fits on one map except for the had and hair, I put those on there own map.