Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shalamayne the Shadow Reaver

Hello polycounters,

ive been in the valley of the suck, inspirationally for a few days, but i went to a blizzard panel yesterday at my school and got really inspired to continue practicing and next time i see tyson murphy i can show him my artwork without being embarrassed XD

as always, critiques and comments always helpful/welcome =D

and so heres my second hand painted thing ever

current---

6cki.jpg

vy51.jpg

Replies

• jinn15
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7hrs modeling+texturing

ive put down the base colors and values, for the most part, need to put in cracks and details and color variation EVERYWHERE XD

wn94.jpg

dfks.jpg
  • Jedairusz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jedairusz polycounter lvl 13
    ive put down the base colors and values, for the most part, need to put in cracks and details and color variation EVERYWHERE XD
    Exactly!

You can fix geometry:
    big01jpg_naaanww.jpg

I think, that 7 hours is to much time for such asset. You should speed your workflow. :)
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Definitely try to add some variation (cracks, scrapes, etc.) to the texture, it looks too flat/generic at the moment.

As said above, 7 hours is too long a time to create something at this stage but don't let that discourage you. It takes a lot of practice to be able to create assets in a short amount of time. I would focus on getting a kick ass asset out the door first, then as time progresses you'll end up being faster.

It's looking good so far, keep it up!
  • jinn15
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jedairusz- thank you for the paint over!! Yea I was wondering if I should merge all those verts XD I'll make that change ASAP and yea...lots of trail and error while painting, hopefully on the next piece I'll be much faster :D

Negevpro- yea I'll get on those details right away!! And yea hopefully this can become a kick ass asset XD
    I'll keep on practicing till I can make an awesome asset in under 7hrs!!

Thank u both for the critique :D I'll post updates soon
  • jinn15
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    added colors and details, about 1 1/2 hrs for this part, but still need to work on adding more ao and colors here and there

6cki.jpg

vy51.jpg