Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another Damn Zombie

Darren Pinard
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
Hello polycount!

This is my first thread, I'm recently immigrated from another 3d site.

I have about 5 years work experience in the industry but its entirely in very low poly and iOS art so I'm looking to push into some models with higher detail.

I'm currently making a "generic" zombie character for a personal project shooter style game and I'd love to get some feedback from the incredible artists here on Polycount.

The project is intended for the high level iPhones and iPads, so higher resourced then normal mobile assets. I'll be eventually looking to make shorts and a ripped tshirt to be loaded at random to help diversify the zombie mob.

ZOMBIE_WIP_Email.jpg

Replies

• Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    Man he's in pretty good shape for the living dead! :)

As with most zombie plagues most victims are usually random people from all shapes and sizes, fat guy's, older guys, out of shape 40 year old mid life crisis guys, you name it. they tend to be more saggy and less in shape, Unless you're going for the genetically engineered super zombie made by Dr. Atomo, then you can ignore all the above.

also what kind of state of decay were you thinking of, how did he die? most zombies are turned by others, so they tend to have jugulars or even fingers/limbs bitten off, but still managed to survive, so they are mostly complete, but others got caught in the crossfire of escaping traffic, mobs etc, and thet to be more ragged, broken limbs or completely missing parts.

Give some thought about what turned your zombie and what he's been through, its fun to give a bit of story to it, and makes it more convincing.
  • Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    It looks like his head has been decomposing for months and his body is untouched.

You can make a ripped zombie but it has to make sense too.
  • Darren Pinard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    Great points, maybe I went a little far in my anatomy study for this. Ill beat him up more in the next iteration.