Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blue Man Take

Hey all,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on this assignment I did for my animation class. It's meant to be a "Take", but I added a little bit of acting in it as best as I know. I'm always open to any type of criticism, because I know there's lots I still can learn about animation. There is a link to in in Vimeo below. :) Is there anything I need to change before I hand it in?

-Brittany

https://vimeo.com/77931155

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 13
    i'm not an animator, but with the little knowledge I have on the subject, I'd say it looks pretty good. Take this with a grain of salt: You had good C and S curves in the arms and the wrist seemed to break that the proper time in the first 2 seconds. I liked pose at 2 seconds, maybe hold it for just a couple more frames, and move slightly faster into the hands coming together.. but i don't think there is anything wrong with the timing now, it just maybe felt all the actions had the same beat. Also there is an intersection with the eye and eyelid, not sure if you can fix that or not, but the animation overall looks good to me.
  • TurboHusky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TurboHusky polycounter lvl 10
    It moves real nice, but there's no anticipation on the take. Feels like there's a pose missing in there.
  • Claritybeam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perfect info, Thanks so much!! I will totally get some anticipation in there. I also got feedback that I need to make the hands less "IK"-y at the end when he takes a breath from my teacher.
  • Claritybeam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, and I will speed up the hand link. There's nothing I can do about the eye crashing; the rig is just like that and I'm not quite to the point in my Rigging class that I would know how it fix it... Again, Thank you so much for the feedback! Greatly appreciated! :D