Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Teutonian "Splitter" - Four Armed, Elbow Rocket punching Metal Automaton

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
PROJECT THREAD

Hey Polycount!

Going to be modeling the Teutonian Splitter, one of the heavy hitters of the Teutonian army that punches with elbow-rocket assisted four arms, and upon death, the forearms detach into smaller little minions that continue fighting. This is all tied up with a game I'm working on at USC called The Maestros, a UDK RTS game, so most of the construction of this unit is framed in that "Does this work for an RTS" mindset. Requesting critiques, if you have any.

Objective: Model and Texture a current-gen RTS unit, the Splitter (and the Mini-Splitters) for the game "The Maestros"

Planned Workflow:
Model LowPoly geometry > UV > Use nDo2 to block out and paint normal maps > bake out AO and Cavity > texture

Part of this is an experiment to see if our team can bypass the hi-polygon sculpting we've done before for our previous game assets, a similar pipeline that I know for sure Starcraft 2 did. We'll see how it turns out.

Latest Update:

Quick update with the Splitter

Backface and smoothing issues solved, thank you everyone for the help especially regarding checking the Normal Vertices. A lot of loopy deleting, reversing, set to face normals, etc, has somehow solved most of my explicit normal problems on the low poly mesh.

Right now tryig to quickly block out and finalize the Normal Map with just nDo2 so I can get to baking out an AO map and Diffuse and Specular/Gloss texture base through dDo.

jsFzyD1.jpg
Original Concept Art By Wesley Lin
mmqdWXQ.jpg
K1CFnGw.jpg

Replies