Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BFA Character Game Modeling-W.I.P

Hi everyone! My BFA class is modeling some game characters that the visual developers in our class created. The main objective of this assignment is to be able to have it modeled, textured and hopefully animated by the end of two weeks.

The modelers were given a tri limit of 1000 to 1250, since this character would be a the one that players work with in game.

So right now I am modeling Houdini's evil doppelganger and I am at 1244 tris. I have incorporated a mouth sack, with cards for teeth and the little itty eyeballs .If anyone has suggestions or feedback of how I can handle deformation or even maybe limiting myself with tri's is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

HoudiniProjectModel (View in 3D)
oDvac

Here is the Original work I am modeling off of:

e1328e10-dea2-445f-90ac-96123a5e3a88_zps60f8b596.jpg88bce98e-cce2-430e-bb17-9e6830ba47d1_zpsd75fa6b5.jpg

Replies

• Andraste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey All! Sorry that I haven't posted anything up here for the past...wellll..week. I am often posting work onto CGfeedback where the rest of my class has set up a thread.

if you want to check it out and see what others have done, check here :D

http://www.cgfeedback.com/cgfeedback/showthread.php?t=5249

Yet again, this project is based on the stylization of an Indie Game. All of the modelers were able to choose from a viz dev artist in the BFA class and work from their concepts. I had chose Houdini's evil Doppelganger that was designed by Maritza Silvas. Right now we worked out a color pass, and from what you can tell it is a little different from what the concept art (more for contrast as well as pushing the character).

Despite working with Zbrush for the texturing, I still had seams on the character but I believe it may by my AO and Light Map. The purpose of the texturing is to depict the light hitting the character as if we don't have lights linked to the characters in game. This character is also meant to be seen in a smaller portion of the screen during game play. Most similarly to The Cave or Dota 2.

I have got some feeback from my mentors but if anyone has suggestions on how to approach the texturing, please say so. This week we are continuing to work out the textures as well as rig the character to animate.

Thanks again guys/gals!

HoudiniDop ColorPass (View in 3D)
    EI5bA

fae358e7-34e5-4633-a0f0-acbd64699f3e_zpsfed3fea0.jpg

11af4a2b-8bde-4fcf-8bba-541a12b9a20e_zps07932c1c.jpg

Jason Marino's Crit:
    auerofpower_zps26034b5c.png