Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scott Eaton DFS Final Project

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
Brandon.LaFrance polycount sponsor
Its been too long since I've last posted any of my work. I've been busy the last few months with Scott Eaton's Digital Figure Sculpture Course. Wanting to take full advantage of the huge amounts of information that the course provides, I've put all of my personal projects on hold until the course is complete.

We're now in the last week, and I'm polishing up the final project, which is a full figure study from photos provided by Scott. I'll probably spend another week or so fine tuning this piece until I call it finished. I aim to get a bit more definition in the hands and feet before doing a final detail pass over the whole sculpt.

Sculpted in ZBrush, rendered with Cycles in Blender.

As always, all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for looking!

seDFS_wk9_F_20130917.jpg

seDFS_wk9_B_20130917.jpg

Replies

• Brandon.LaFrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've spent way to much time staring at this guys bean bag. Feels good to finally get that out of the way. Also worked up the feet and legs, and adjusted the posture slightly. Still no nips...

seDFS_wk10_F_20130922.jpg

seDFS_wk10_B_20130922.jpg

Thanks for looking!
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    Great job on the anatomy, it's clear you really studied the figure on this. The only area that stands out to me that may be incorrect is the abs. The abs seem a bit too flat and large. The flatness might be purely a lighting issue though. Overall, this looks GREAT!
  • Brandon.LaFrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad, thanks for the encouraging words. I have been struggling with the abs from the start. Trying to strike that balance between well defined, yet not over-modeled. A friend of mine had mentioned that they look as if they're just airbrushed on, and I tend to agree. I'll make sure to spend some extra time there before calling it done.
  • Brandon.LaFrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update today. I've spent a lot of time refining the abs. Hopefully, they read better now. I might be getting carried away with some of the details, as a lot of the smaller forms I've spent so much time with are just getting washed out in the render. I've got just some subtle adjustments to make and I'll call the torso finished. Now its just a matter of bringing the arms and hands up to the same level of detail.

seDFS_wk10_F_20130924.jpg

seDFS_wk10__B_20130924.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AWIT-FUOU"]seDFSwk10 - YouTube[/ame]