Home Full time/Part time work

Empire Games looking for talents to work on-site!

Replies

• seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added few images.
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    For anyone interested in this position just a heads up.

This person was a programmer for my company, working on an unannounced project earlier this year. After he was let go for breech of contract and mistrust issues he proceeded to contact members from my team in an attempt to recruit them and steal the project from behind my back.

Despite signing an NDA and working under contract, he began posting YouTube videos and Facebook posts exposing design elements, concepts, and feature implementation walkthroughs using copyrighted art, animation, and sound in an effort to sabotage the project.

Having filed multiple copyright complaints against him and getting this exposing content removed, the stolen game build was recently shown at a popular game convention in Bahrain where this person took complete credit over asset creation and ownership of the title and its content in an attemp to generate investor interest.

I would be highly cautious of associating myself with this organization for those considering.
  • feldon30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feldon30 polycounter lvl 6
    So wait... All I have to do is work as a contracted programmer under NDA for a few months on a Kickstarter game, quit, and then take the art, animation, and concept for that game and shop it around to investors and they'll give me money to start a game studio?

I wish I'd thought of that!
  • riowahab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riowahab polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe a picture of the company itself would be better :)
  • seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riowahab wrote: »
    Maybe a picture of the company itself would be better :)

It's a big flat in that building in the first couple of pictures. The office now is still pending more furniture and equipment. By the time it looks presentable I will definitely take many photos of it and post here.
  • darkhalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkhalo polycounter lvl 9
    Sir, Kindly answer the above allegations
  • seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkhalo wrote: »
    Sir, Kindly answer the above allegations

With respect, I will not engage in off-topic discussions. I'm merely an employee assisting my management in the hiring process. I'll keep discussion, if any, only on-topic. Thanks for co-operating!
  • seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there folks,

I've been asked alot on the possibility of moving in with a partner / family, and the answer is YES. If you have a stunning set of skills, we can surely help you out get your loved ones along with you.

I updated the initial post in the General Information section and added this point. We are really happy and thrilled to see e-mails flying in from every corner of the world from developers wanting to help our country to stand on its feet in terms of the game development industry.

Thanks!
  • darkhalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkhalo polycounter lvl 9
    You seemed like a good and professional guy Sir.
  • seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greetings again!

All positions have been filled up. We can't thank you enough for the huge support we've received from all parts of the world. It was really tough to select among all applicants with great serious talents. We are also happy to announce that after a period of 6 months we'll be expanding and opening up more positions for Mid-level developers!

We thank you all once again and wish you best of all in your careers.

Regards,
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Technical Director - Empire Games
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    three days to review applicants, conduct phone interviews, fly people from all parts of the world for on sites, make offers and sign paperwork ...I'm either impressed or being taken for an idiot.

....well I am an idiot but that's beside the point
  • seenooh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. wrote: »
    three days to review applicants, conduct phone interviews, fly people from all parts of the world for on sites, make offers and sign paperwork ...I'm either impressed or being taken for an idiot.

....well I am an idiot but that's beside the point

We have finalized our selections, the selected have been informed and confirmed to us their acceptance and it'll take around a month+ to get all the 6 developers to be on-site. We are notifying any interested individuals looking at this ad that we are no longer accepting applications.

The search for talent also started on the 5th of this month, and we've been receiving applications since then. We posted here later as per a suggestion from a friend.