Home Dota 2

[ 雪 ] Shannon - Dota 2 Workshop

Replies

• shannxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's what I've been up to recently.
    A WIP of Lina's hair for the unofficial Dota 2 competition - September.

Here's the highpoly, sculpted in zbrush.
    lrun.jpg

Then to lowpoly and bake + base color.
    0dpa.jpg

And finally, rigged. Here's a shot in-game.
    47g0.jpg

Can barely see the cavity details in game, sad max. Will try to enhance it when I get the texture done.
    Hope you guys liked it!
    That's it for now. Stay tuned for the next update :)
  • Drywall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not familiar with Lina's rig, but is there a bone or something for the hair on her left side? Otherwise, I think it looks kinda awkward just sticking out from the side. I think the idea of the hair is good, but it feels like you started detailing too early before getting the shape of the hair correct. It's just not flowing into the braids correctly. Maybe look at Chemical Alia's work with Mirana and classical sculpture to really see what sort of forms and shapes can be pulled off.

Hair examples:
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/084/d/1/hair_by_chemicalalia-d5zavh5.png

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/301/2/f/hair_wip2_by_chemicalalia-d5j8vi3.png

I liked your Tusk set a lot! I hope these will help you out :D
  • Thnk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnk polycounter lvl 5
    That sled should probably have the blades facing outwards instead of cutting into his back.
  • shannxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Drywall - thanks for the critics and also references. Yes, there are 2 extra rig for the 2 strands of hair so it'll be floating and waving in game. It's not exactly a braid, hmm, I'll try to post an image for your reference soon! Anyway, will keep those points in mind for the next one! Nice portfolio btw ;)

@Thnk - to be honest a lot of ppl commented that way and i have tried to put it the other way round. Doesn't really fit well though. It'll look even weird cos the handle will be intersecting with the head and shoulders.
  • shannxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated my post! Submitted an item for Polycount's September unofficial competition.
    Click on the image to vote if you want to see it in-game! :)

t8cl.jpg
  • shannxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oriental Gazer Set

Our submission for Spring 2014

2a9s.png

7p7i.pngne9q.png82j0.png9h4c.png3k0e.png

Aurel, the Gyrocopter origins from the far East traveled around the world and brought the Chinese tradition to life.
    Where celebrating the Spring Festival with lion dance and firecrackers are essential to having good health and prosperity throughout the year.
    Embrace yourself to a glorious new beginning.

Happy Chinese New Year in advance!