Offline / Send Message
ReneFisher polycounter lvl 6
NEWEST SCREENSHOTS:

1lL2dvv.jpg
ESavuoI.jpg
BvdICnn.jpg
BO3FXQs.jpg
dTMJlnJ.jpg

So I've started work on a small environment roughly inspired by the architecture and villages on the Greek island Santorini. I intend the focus to be on a quaint hotel/resort style building, and I intend for there to be a few other structures surrounding it.

lHofFol.jpg?3

Here's a VERY rough sketch i used to help with the blockout. I probably should have spent more time on the concept sketch, but I feel it's a bit too late to go back and do it now. Since it's so rough i'll try and explain what everything is.

Bottom level will be a sort of patio/lounge area with a few tables covered by umbrellas. There's a shaded area, and though the archway by the patio, a door to the interior (most likely a kitchen or staff's quarters). In the corner by the stairs will be a little garden area with a fountain and various foliage.

Second story is what was changed the most from concept to reality, I liked the windmill on the 3rd story with the tower a lot more, so now the second story is a bit bare... I'm thinking maybe either an outdoor bar on the stair side and a few entrances to rooms for the guests.

Top story features a windmill (The big dome shaped building, have to do the detail of the sail things still), a giant tower, and another patio/Garden area.

ANYWAYS here's what I have so far, just a basic block out in udk. Having a bit of trouble with lightmaps in some areas, I don't really know of an easy way to fix them, so I'm definitely open to suggestions. Perhaps once it's textured the mistakes will be less noticeable, but a less painful way of doing them would be great to know.

Ycdgzyu.jpg
Q70ZZIS.jpg
vyh0RRo.jpg

This is only my 2nd attempt at an environment in UDK, and the first was a group project for school, so I'm kinda learning some things as I go... Please be patient with my lack of technical know-how and talk veeeeery slowly. lol

Oh, and feel free to offer suggestions, videos, tutorials, or anything else! Many thanks~

Replies