Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dotafield 2 modern combat (Battlefield Dota hybrid)

well the assignment was to make some assets or things that would fit into Dota. I mostly play first person shooters, so I decided to make a battlefield 3 squad in dota. The squad will consist of an engineer, support, medic and sniper. Right now the engineer is the closest one to complete so I will post his current work in progress, and I will post the others as they get a little closer to completion.

Engineer:

Work in progress: His proportions do not feel Dota, but due to time constraints I don't think Ill have the proper time to fix him, so ill try to make sure to exaggerate anatomy more on the other members. Base mesh was a stock one since I am short on time. Ideas suggestions critique all welcome and encouraged. Here's to my first post!

yn4v.jpg
sfl8.jpg
hjfk.jpg
88b5.jpg

Replies

• RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 16
    Cool, definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

To post full sized images you need an external web host, or free image hosting service that lets you link directly to the images you upload; personally I use imageshack.

Upload your images and then the website will give you hyperlinks to them.

Now on the forum copy and paste the hyperlink in this format:
    [noparse]image.jpg[/noparse]
    and the forum will automatically insert the image in place of that code.

Check out this reference page for all you can do with BBCode.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looks good, I like the design to. BUT if these items should fit in dota you should probably have waaaay less detail in there. other then that it looks pretty good,

have you checked out the dota 2 art guides?
  • PsychoticInsomniac
    Cool, definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

To post full sized images you need an external web host, or free image hosting service that lets you link directly to the images you upload; personally I use imageshack.

Thanks, now I don't need to look like a total noob on my first post.
    Looks good, I like the design to. BUT if these items should fit in dota you should probably have waaaay less detail in there. other then that it looks pretty good,

have you checked out the dota 2 art guides?

Yeah, I agree that too much detail puts it more on the battlefield side rather than the dota side. As for the art guides, I have not seen the. But I have been watching some of the live workshops on youtube where they show off modelling some of the Hero's. If you could like the art guides I'd appreciate it since dota is out of my comfort zone and ill take any help I can get.
  • lotet
  • PsychoticInsomniac
    sniper high poly nearing completion, its very obvious that I need to work on my folds more, so if anyone has workflow tips, a great video reff, or any input in general I'd appreciate it. As for the rest of the model, I tried to go simpler than the engineer, but i still think it may be over-detailed. input/suggestions always welcome. (I may or may not have time to implement input though since its due in less than a week, but ill try)

h4s6.jpg
    iqd8.jpg
    ay67.jpg

support should be done tomorrow or late tonight and with a miracle ill make the whole medic in a couple days.