Home› Technical Talk

Job Interview Advice

manilamerc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
Hey guy's I'm getting ready for my first job interview.

So I asked the company "Keyframe"
"Are there any internships this fall?"

They replied with: Hi Mark
You in Toronto or Niagara ?

So I go: I'm in Niagara but I could commute to Toronto if I had to.

Then they say: Come in and see me at 4 tomorrow

Does this look like I'm going for a job interview? If so, what tips do you guys suggest? What should I wear? What questions will they ask? I need advice to get this job. btw I want to be a 3D modeler.

here is the company's website : http://keyframe.ca/

here is my portfolio: markabcede.com

Oh and I e-mailed them a while ago sending them my resume and portfolio.

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like an interview, but given it is just an internship and given it is on such short notice I'd say it is going to be a relaxed and informal meeting to discuss the possibilities. So just be calm and relaxed, and act as if you are just discussing work with someone you just met, not as if it is an interrogation your life depends on.

Cloth wise, no suit. Suits pretty much never ok for any job interview in this industry, and I'd say definitely not for an internship and what appears to be an informal meeting. Just dress properly, but casual. Professional Casual.

Take your resume with you along with an ipad or laptop with your portfolio and work on, so you can bring it up during the meeting and discuss it in person with them if they'd like so/have questions about your work.
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, so I did the interview. I think it went well. He said he needs more 3D guys and he said "I think we could use a guy like you." He said he's going to talk to his partner and he is going to call me back tomorrow (which is today). He hasn't replied yet and it's 3:45pm right now. Would it be ok to ask for an update if I got the internship? Or should I wait?
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    I'd wait til tomorrow for the follow up. I'm currently in the same boat of waiting for a reply. Don't want to appear pushy
  • manilamerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Chase yea I jus waited and I got a reply. So they said that they don't have an opening for an internship but may have an opening in the next few weeks. If I want to qualify I have to use a program called Nuke and know how to do rotoscoping and paintouts.