Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Oh another generic female character

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Daew polycounter lvl 9
Hello everyone,

So I've been working on my first full character.
I'm trying to get the anatomy nailed down however I find myself going back and forth and could definitely use some help :). I still haven't done some parts but I'm finding some of my proportions all screwy every time I look at it for a second time.

Thanks ^^
Daew_female_WIP2a_zps2781c41e.jpg
edit: cleaned the thread a bit so I can update properly.

*Update:

Daew_female_WIP4_view.jpg

Daew_female_WIP4_notes.jpg

Daew_female_WIP4_silhouettes.JPG

Replies

• vincentvangeel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vincentvangeel polycounter lvl 4
    First of all, I wouldn't model in that pose, I would rather go for a T-pose or a 3/4 pose.

Your anatomy is not bad, but there are a few small mistakes here and there.

I have compared the front of the anatomy to a real photo to see what's wrong with it.
    correction.jpg

From the top to the bottom,
    Your neck come a little long over, but that's because your clavicle is to low and your character is literally hanging her arms.
    Second our her boobs, they should hang more to the side, creating a bigger transition in the middel.
    Her middle is too thick in comparison of the hips and chest, she will look more feminine if you do this.
    Her upperarms are too short, the hand must be much lower.
    Also her knees are a bit too high.

Your armor is looking pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. Keep up the motivation.
  • Daew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    wow that is really helpful!
    Thanks for the crit :)
  • Daew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    Just a little update.
    I think her legs may be too long and Il work on the main bony areas such as her elbow and knees.
    Got a little impatient so I created this little character to sidetrack me when I get tired.

Daew_female_WIP3_zps92957c94.jpg

Daew_female_WIP3_Hair_zps0fc75cb6.jpg

Daew_mlp_WIP1_zpse130c878.jpg
  • KristaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KristaW polycounter lvl 9
    It's her pet demon! Go with it. Sculpt the creature with a dog harness scale it to be as tall as her knees!
  • thepapercut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking better man, keep working at it!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    don't make the shoulders too narrow, naturally they are wide enough so a person doesn't hit his/her hipbones with the hands when walking/running.
  • mkZ3R0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should also work out the neck area where it connect to the clavicle. Take a look at the reference by vincentvangeel or even your own mirror image.

Also you breast muscles don't connect to the biceps anymore. They were more realistic in the previous step to be honest.

If you wan't to make her a little bit more female, increase her hip width instead of narrowing her shoulders.
  • Daew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    Sorry for the late replies!
    I was following the logic that if I replied with no actual update I would look likean attention seeker. And I am too old for that!
    In retrospect. I am an idiot.
    So sorry for not replying, I am really grateful for the crits!

@KristaW:
    Yeahh thats a great idea! i also want to make a tiny backpack for him. make him her bitchh

@thepapercut:
    thanks and will do :)

@Neox:
    haha thanks for this piece of advice, im constantly checking where my arms are now.

mkZ3R0:
    Yeh I was trying to be more subtile but I may have gone too far.
    AS for the sternos, It looks wrong because i didnt touch that part yet :P
  • Daew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    update!
    Finally getting started on the armour!

Daew_female_WIP4_view.jpg

Daew_female_WIP4_notes.jpg

Daew_female_WIP4_silhouettes.JPG

So basically my character is going to be some sort of angel and the plan is that she has become corrupted.
    Just trying to get the base armour done for now though.
    and don't look at the hands haha, still not done ermagash...
    I'm still dynameshing, its going really slow, and she has no eyelids..

A few questions:

1. Does she look feminine, my eyes tend to stop working after a while, should I make her waist smaller or hips wider?
    Neox mentioned that naturally the arms wouldn't hit the hip bones but what happens when they have armour?

2. If the armour is covering a part of the body. would you remove the underlying geo? e.g. arms.
    How about if an arm is covered with cloth would you need the geo to support the cloth or is there some rigging witchcraft?

Please excuse my scrub lord knowledge and Thanks! ^^