Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hostile Zone (UDK environment)

Updated:

2j41vrn.jpg

Hey there,

My latest project. This one quicker than the previous environment. Real time in UDK.

Any comment or feedback is welcome!

2q1c8qq.jpg

Replies

• Mr Significant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Significant polycounter lvl 11
    For me only mud and water is little strange. The mud have too much spec/gloss. The water is to blueish. Maybe just desaturate. But it's just for my preferences.
  • djoexe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djoexe polycounter lvl 7
    Thats a cool scene but it lacks of something. I approve the above points mentioned my Mr. Significant.

For my part,

-I think there is not enough small branches in your dead trees.
    -Add more bushes and grass to your ground
    -The specular of your mud shader is to broad, try to tighten your spec power.
    -Water shader looks like plastic to me and a bit too blue.
    -Spec map of the helicopter is not enough tight too.
    -Add some variation meshes in the scene --- IE: Wooden planks that make a path to the house ? Fences ? Maybe a fireplace or simply light coming from the house would be nice. Maybe a more epic background scenery like big mountains would add some depht to your scene as well.
    -Some rocks here and there
    -oh and most important...you got a crashed helicopter but there is nothing that shows us that on the ground such as deformed terrain patches and mud splashes on the front of the helicopter and debris ... could be a idea to have a propeller shoved into the ground.

give us some update on that cheer ;)
  • DiegoMinguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for replying!

I've done just a few changes, but in my opinion they improve the overall scene a little bit. Some specular changes, objects added such as bush, wires, planks to the house, sky modified...

Thanks again for your feedback.

2j41vrn.jpg
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    i love the lighting
  • Envart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    The moon is a bit bright for my liking. It's like a star.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The moon also needs a texture; unless it is obscured behind haze or clouds, the craters should be visible.