Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New attempt at some highpoly props

I attempted to make some high poly models for props a couple years ago when I started high school but I didn't really have a lot of time to spend on them since I was impatient, but i have learned to be patient and would like to get some feed back on some new props i have done and will do. Thank you

Here is the first high poly of a metal barrel. (The bottom lip of the barrel is accidentally going through the flat plane I have the barrel on for rendering lol.)
pqz.png
6ai0.png

Replies

• Fr0stguard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I got the barrel to the texturing stage. Sadly that is where I have the most trouble, but either way here is my first attempt. Feedback is greatly appreciated and probably much needed.

w2gn.png Uploaded with
    Here is the diffuse texture flat.
    zvsp.png
  • Chimi Jimi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimi Jimi polygon
    heya,

my main crit would be that maybe you should have tried something a little more adventurous then a barrel that said i probably would have just mirrored the other side as you haven't made anything on the object particularly unique for example dents and scratches.

As for the texture it is all very samey could the raised bits not be more worn down as they are protruded and are more likely to wear

underneath or inbetween the grooves could you not make it subtlety darker,

maybe you could add some wear to the outer ring have some dust on top, then theres the potential for some form of label they usually have something on them to warn people or inform.

And lastly your missing a spec which would help this alot i think and on that spec you could have parts more shiny then others.

Anyways i hope that helped its just my two cents :) back to mi morning coffee :poly124: