Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low poly Pirates Carribean

Hey guys,
i recently completed the VG remix low poly contest (diablo 2 infernal gate) but was amazed and inspired by Daniel Duys god of war concepts and products http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123832

so i wanted to try my hand at one like that style but with pirates of teh carribean.

I am thinking the final scene of the third film with the flying dutchman, the black pearl and the Endeavour (the east india trading companys ship)but with all three ships in the maelstrom.

Here are some erally rough ideas for the ships and the characters. I want to be able to tell who they characters are without facial characteristics just because i suck at drawing faces. the cast would include sparrow, turner, swan, gibbs, the shorter fellow, cotton and the parrot and tia dalma aka calypso, davey jopnes, other turner, and the shakr, shell and spikey fish henchmen. Becket, norrington and soldiers.

I know this is a big undertaking, but i think with just some variations from a base character mesh on the models they wont take that long

I am going to try to do characters

< 500 tri and 128 maps
ships <1000 tris and 256 maps
probs <100 tris and 64 maps

tell me whatu think. this thread will be going for a while:thumbup::thumbup:

Replies