Home General Discussion

hello I'm new and stuff

Hello everyone

I'm a student programmer and kind of new to modeling. Well I have played with 3d software for quite some time but never really got myself into doing some real modeling.

I joined this forum in order to interact with other artists and learn a thing or two. I'm mainly interested in the japanese style of modeling minus the emo factor :D I also work on a game with my friend for which we are building a new engine and whatnot. Uh and I'm also an after effects geek and a huge fan of animation sooo yea :D

more random info about me...
-I live in the netherlands very close to Amsterdam
-I dont do drugs... mkey
-I speak 5 languages but i suck at grammar
-I worked as a flash game programmer in actionscript 3
-I also worked as a game programmer in unity
-I love building and programming robots
-If a game has good music, good story and decent gameplay ill probably love it
-My favorite games are final fantasy 7, legend of heroes trails in the sky, tekken, Civ5, xcom and CnC generals
-when I'm bored I make up epic new gameplay ideas in my head and then forget them the next day.

I almost forgot where i was going with this post :D why don't you guys give me some tips on where to start when modeling anime style characters? I'm already able to model a decent body and hands so I'm not completely noob

Replies

• Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    EditaMedia wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I'm a student programmer and kind of new to modeling. Well I have played with 3d software for quite some time but never really got myself into doing some real modeling.

I joined this forum in order to interact with other artists and learn a thing or two. I'm mainly interested in the japanese style of modeling minus the emo factor :D I also work on a game with my friend for which we are building a new engine and whatnot. Uh and I'm also an after effects geek and a huge fan of animation sooo yea :D

more random info about me...
    -I live in the netherlands very close to Amsterdam
    -I dont do drugs... mkey
    -I speak 5 languages but i suck at grammar
    -I worked as a flash game programmer in actionscript 3
    -I also worked as a game programmer in unity
    -I love building and programming robots
    -If a game has good music, good story and decent gameplay ill probably love it
    -My favorite games are final fantasy 7, legend of heroes trails in the sky, tekken, Civ5, xcom and CnC generals
    -when I'm bored I make up epic new gameplay ideas in my head and then forget them the next day.

I almost forgot where i was going with this post :D why don't you guys give me some tips on where to start when modeling anime style characters? I'm already able to model a decent body and hands so I'm not completely noob

Welcome,

Modeling tips: drawing skills & anatomy knowledge are helpful! :poly142:
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    welkom, bakkie koffie?

what is japanese style of modeling? does it require chopsticks?
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    The only common "japanese style" I can tell in a difference in modeling is the straw-like shoulders, muscle being skinned instead.
  • EditaMedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    welkom, bakkie koffie?

what is japanese style of modeling? does it require chopsticks?

(ik zeg gene nee tegen koffie)

definitely chopsticks:D

thx for the tips guys
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9