Home General Discussion

Blender mats

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
fifftyframes polycounter lvl 9
I'm working on my first ever character in blender. It's been fairly easy all till now. I have two separate objects: the body and the legs. For some odd reason I can't separate the material by object, all of the material goes to both body and legs. I'm sure it's something simple but I have spent half of my day working on this and searched with no success. How do I assign material to specific objects?

Replies

• Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    First, this thread would've been better fitted to Technical Talk :) .

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you've got two objects, then you can go into the material editor for either one of them and find a little button with a number on it next to the material's name. Click that, and it'll make a copy of the material for this object so it doesn't have to share it with another any more.
  • kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    It sounds like you've just got duplicate assignments. To get rid of those simply select each object (in "Object" mode) in turn and delete the unwanted (sub)materials from "Material" Properties list - if you want to make each duplicate assignment unique do what Zwebbie said above.