Home Technical Talk

CryTIFF plugin

I have had no luck getting the crytiff plugin to work, I have been following the tut on http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC3/Installing+the+CryTIF+Plugin
and the plugin is not showing up in Photoshops menu.

I am runing Photoshop 64 bit and the 64 bit version of Crytek Sandbox

this is the photoshop folder iam dropping the files into... C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Are you doing step 2?

2. Copy the \Tools\CryTIFPlugin.8bi file to the Photoshop \Plugins folder, then restart Photoshop.
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes I have, although im sure it must be making a difference that these files are meant for a 32bit version of photoshop which Iam not running, and the Bin64 contains none of the required files for the plugin.
  • FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    You said you've dropped the files in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)
    but they need to be in the PLUG-INS Folder!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    As far as I know the CryTiff plugin only works with 32bit Photoshop (unless there's a newer version out ?)
  • SlyRipper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SlyRipper polycounter lvl 6
    CryTiff works for both versions, just use the same files and copy them into the 64bit folders of Photoshop, works as well (I use it)

As you say it's not in the menu, don't know what you expected, but there's no menu under filters or whatever.. just use "save as" feature and choose the "crytek .tif" file to save with.. only after that the menu pops up to show you some settings. So maybe you've done everthing already, but never thought about that save as part
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Oh Sly thats good news! I didn't know it was possible to trick the install that way to make it run under x64. Very cool, I have to try it out now !
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT wrote: »
    You said you've dropped the files in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)
    but they need to be in the PLUG-INS Folder!

I dropped the files bin32/zlib1.dll, jpeg62.dll and libtiff3.dll in the photoshop root directory like is instructed, and then the CryTIFPlugin I dropped in the plugins folder.

the part where it says
    'Open Photoshop and go to Help -> About Plugin -> CryTIFPlugin' is where im stuck

• pior
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got it, took me a while to figure out.

there were two folders(Program Files(x86) and Program Files).

I dropped the required files into
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)

when I should have used this path....
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4

and thanks for all your input
  • SlyRipper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SlyRipper polycounter lvl 6
    Got it, took me a while to figure out.

there were two folders(Program Files(x86) and Program Files).

I dropped the required files into
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)

when I should have used this path....
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4

and thanks for all your input

As said, you have to put all stuff to the right folders, x86 stands for the 32bit version. And you shouldn't mix the files, like some files in x86 and some not :P

But usually the Plugin works for 64bit as well, if you'd like to work with this version more :P
  • CryEngineer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CryTIFF plugin that works in Photoshop x64 you can get in Tools folder of CryEngine FreeSDK. We use it in our studio now, it works just fine.
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys - didnt want to start a new thread.. so ill post it here.

The Crytif plugin worked finde - recently i have an issue, that on some files, my tifplugin just "quicksaves" the "tif" without showing me the crytif plugin extension pannel.. On some images it just worked perfect..

1. i reinstalled the plugin = doenst work
    2. checkbox - use plugin extensions is on (in photoshop)

I use cs6 64 bit. - iamges are at 1024

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

//a little workaround is to open a file - which the plugins works well and copy the maps there - then you can save it and the "saving dialog" will open
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    could it be (no idea about cs6) that you saved a normal tif file before and now when saving to the same name photoshop automatically tries to save a tif instead of crytiff?
  • ofca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ofca polycounter lvl 9
    CryTIFF plugin that works in Photoshop x64 you can get in Tools folder of CryEngine FreeSDK. We use it in our studio now, it works just fine.

Well, have more or less the same problem.
    When i want to save tiff using crytif plugin, window with properties just pop up and pop out. Like something just clicked ok/save button. Fun fact is that tiff file is saved.

That trick with oppening different file saved before doesn't help.

I'm using brand new installed Photoshop CS5 32bit, Windows 7 64bit.
    Anyone can help?

Already closed all background apps, cleared register, checked Windows crash log. Nothing helps me...
  • alexmartina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexmartina polycounter lvl 3
    Hi,

I installed cryengine in 3 different version and it keeps giving me the same result.
    All of them when I choose a lower resolution to save it keeps saving the original size, I cant understand why :(

Adobe PS CC 2015 64x