Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio jan kudrnac

Hi
I was working on my portfolio last week.

http://jankudrnac.g6.cz/

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Name all your images. Don't use Screenshot 01, Screenshot 02. ...
    Name them 'Colt Wireframe 01' or 'Mustang 2005 Clay 01'
    You can also put your name in the image file. Like 'Kudrnac - Colt Wire 01.jpg'

Slap your name and email/website on each image. Pick a corner. And get yourself on to every single one of those images.

Many times people would save images on their PC, recruiters also do this. It's free ad for you.

"Jan Kudrn
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    solid work you have there.

I think your best looking pieces are:

Ford Mustang
    colt 1911
    zil 135

The Ford should be displayed in more detail: Different angles, close up shots.

I suggest you drop the racing environment. The whole scene looks very dated and is by far not up to the standards your other assets are suggesting.

To the other two guns (rifle & revolver): I'm not a fan of those assets. On the first glance they don't seem to be that complicated and visually they are just not kicking. Judging the materials I would say that the wear and damage on the rifle is far too much, while the revolver is lacking some subtle details which should draw the viewers attention on a second glance. The lowpoly-models seem a bit messy. There some n-gons which should be cleaned up.
    The subaru and the mercedes have some issues as well: The subaru is quite blocky at the rear lights. I think current-gen cars (for racing-games) should look perfectly smooth on lod0 even on close-up shots. In addition you could add some particle-effects (dust etc.) and dirt on the cars hull to improve the scene.
    The mercedes materials are lacking. The car is unatural reflective. I suggest to work on the shader a bit more to achieve a more realistic effect or if the first is not possible you could put into a car-showroom environment where such materials would be less disruptive for the viewer.
    The space-scene also has some issues: It is hard to tell the size of this space-station. There are no indicators for the size (windows, smaler spacecraft, humans etc.) The scratches on the surface seem random and are very huge in case this is supposed to be a really big ship.

All in all your work really has potential, but as I tried to explain above the level of quality is varying. Also I'm missing important information for some projects: Show wire-frames and textures, whats the polycount & texture resolution for some assets?

This is my feedback, I hope I was not too harsh.
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    truck looks best imo..impreza, mustang and colt 1911 arent bat too, but I would get rid of walker and winchester....imo they are lower quality and its said the quality of all your portfolio is set by your worst piece ..so if I were you I would get rid of walker and winchester...also that space ship looks lower quality...not much specular happening