Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First time posting my stuff.

I've been hovering over these forums for a long long time.. lovely art and inspiration everywhere. I thought I'd post my latest piece. I call it "in our defense". He's a character I created as part of Kris Costa's stupindous Zbrushworkshop class.
It was a ton of work, but incredibly rewarding. I hope peeps dig him!

sculpted, textured, topo'd in Zbrush, lit and rendered with Vray/Maya.

1074223_10152337220346490_1904004381_o.jpg

Replies

• Dubzski
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    That's really cool dude! Def something to be proud of... post moar! =P

I really like his wrist wrap and jacket in particular. However i'm not convinced by shield it feels out of place/ lack luster compared to the rest of the image.
    Also i feel his muscle's might be slighty tooo defined/ sharp where they mesh into each other; however i'm not a proper character artist so just my 2 cents ^_^.
  • brojay
    Hey thanks for the comment! I'll have to play around with the shield some more when I have time. I've been getting mixed opinions on it.. appreciate it!
  • DWalker
    On a minor point, the hairs on his arm shouldn't stick straight out - they tend to conform to the shape of the arm, generally flowing down from the shoulder toward the wrist, and around from the thumb side to the heel of the hand, forming a mat around 1/4" above the skin. A few outliers will stick straight up, but most will not.

You might want to add some stubble to his skull, especially near the mohawk. Some chest hair would also be appropriate, as most neobarb warriors aren't into the whole body waxing thing... :P

The bandoleer seems tight and short; it should be fairly loose and reach from shoulder to hip. In general, it'd be above the vest to simplify getting shells.
    bandoleer_shotguns-01.jpg
  • brojay
    Thanks man! I actually based that tiny bandoleer off an image of one I found online.. it is small, but it exists! :)

I agree about the arm hairs.. When I get some time, I'll mess with the curves to make them a bit more natural. Believe it or not, he actually has head stubble and chest hair.. I just forgot to un-hide those layers before hitting render! OY! Thanks for the reminder and the comments.