Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Snafubar - Monster Odyssey

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Snafubar7 polycounter lvl 8
I'm contributing to an indie game called Monster Odyssey which uses a top-down view of board-game style levels. All textures will be hand painted and far more on the cartoony side of things. This little reference sheet describes the terrain we're shooting for, and roughly the art style as well.

I've never worked with terrain, much less created an entire level (usually just dioramas and smaller stuff). I'm a student and I've only been focusing on environments for 1.5 years.

I'll be posting everything I do for this game here, I'd love any comments and feedback.

TtYnCsm.jpg

aDKSXdL.png

I created this terrain/level layout from a height map in photoshop, then smoothed it out in Unity. With how simple it is, I bet I didn't have to do it that way huh.

Someone tell me if I'm on crack please :)

Replies

• Snafubar7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snafubar7 polycounter lvl 8
    I painted these textures recently, I'm a little stuck on the rocky cliff-side one. I know the view is top-down mostly so I'm not sure if going nuts on small detail is going to be effective.
    A75JD2m.png
    XL3XCiO.png
    MqbgTNv.jpg
    Here's my shot at using a triplanar shader, but some things are wierd about it. I'll post in tech forums about that.

Update 8/9/13: I won't be contributing to this project anymore. Dead thread :/