Offline / Send Message
Sam Hatami polycounter lvl 16
Feel free to give suggestions!

Replies

• Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had forgottem that I had a sketchbook here. Anyway,trying to sculpt a base mesh for a mega texture environment. Stupid tga artifacts from height map =(. Between MatLab sessions...

A bit sculpting left, then its world machine and all that. Just need to archive my progress cause mudbox tends to crash when its not supposed to.

screen1o.jpg
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some progress on VM, needs a second sculpting refinemnt in mudbox after this and then its poly reduction time.

screen2mk.jpg
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't decided what climatic zone the terrain is in, so I thought I might as well do some palette tests, not that I'v ever done one or know how to do one :P Just tried to have fun and work with colors a bit.

colortest.jpg
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So. I'm trying to make an environement :P.

No idea what to write here cause I never post anything, obviously... :P

I've been working this for a while now. It goes slow, but steadily something every week. Main goal is to finish an environment by myself, or actually just make one to start with. I've mostly done a few props and textures in the past, some futile atempts at modular pieces, but I never got far.

So! This time around, I'm focusing on one thing, and trying to finish it. Second goal would be to drink less coffe :D.

Buildings here are kind of placeholders as I messed up some of my grid in max while doing them. So I need to readjust them and stuff. Basically everything is some what placeholder. I know what I want to do with the different section, they are basically planned out on paper, on my phone, my notebook is filled with scribble and sketches. So I'll be focus one "area" at a time.

And I'm using the OverDose engine, which means no fancy pancy lightmaps, AO, or the other stuff the cool kids are using. "Why?", You may ask!, alas I shall answer! Because I've been editing with Quake 4 before and id-tech, so I'll be sticking to it for now.

Oh... Good to note this down so I remember it myself ;).

Screenshot 1...and...I'll upload as I go.

shot_0048.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, silos nearly done. twoSided seam to give a brighter backface :P

shot_0049.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made a new sky with dusk sun as main light source instead of moon. Sun is hazed in real time and clouds move. The moon is still there, just on the opposite side :P. This somehow feels a bit more volumetric since I could increase the fog color towards a blue hue. Think I have to color my industrial lights a bit against translucent/bright blue-ish to contrast the warthm of the sun, later on.

Had stars in there as well, couldn't get them to mask out near the horizon (glsl blending makes it difficult :P)

shot_0054.png

edit:

increased contrast a bit :)

shot_0055.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on a truck to fill out the map with. Plan is to have a trailer along with it so I can place them out in use of semi-cover.

I'm trying to keep the structurual complexity low, which results in trying to cover up the drive axis, most of the frame and the trailer attachment cables, no interior.

Reason to this is I got alot to model and want to have a steady progress with a "equal" detail in mind.

So here is the high poly before the detail pass (mirrors, exhaust, handles and lights and rim/tyres). Estimate about 20 hours work so far.

Regretting the screenshot covering upp all the nice highlights :)

truck_non_detail.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Note to self: probably need to taper the entire cabin a bit, looks quite boxy right now.
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1½ inch update

truck_details.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There we go, guess it's final HP. I'll do touch ups as I go, and some more post. Backside got some detail as well. I'll do something about the exhaust somehow :)

truck_almost_Final.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SSD crashed this week. Lost most of the intense work I did the past 1½ months. (yeh, forgot to back up due to being to busy getting home from work and back into the scene). Got the wind knocked out of me, so I started painting. Obviously havent painted before, except the painting from 2010. So yeh. I'll just keep painting til I feel I can get back and start working on next scene. These are from this week, so far.

mountains_5%20copy.PNG

random_1.png
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sam Hatami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another one, inbetween blockout of next environment. Feedback is always welcome :)

City%20on%20the%20canyon_4.png
  • simpo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    simpo null
    Wow... your truck model is fantastic ..