Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique plz

Tyroth
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tyroth polycounter lvl 9
Hi i am a student and been learning zbrush for few weeks this my first project critique is welcome.

Replies

• Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Hi Tyroth :)

Pretty cool so far. Do you have a concept you are working from or is this of your own design? If there is a concept, that would give us a better shot at pointing out some specific critique for you.

One thing which initially stands out to me design-wise, is a question of whether the triceratops helmet is a skull, or metal fashioned in the form of a triceratops. If the former is the intention, then I think there could be some cool opportunity to use the openings of the skull in the muzzle to reveal more of the creature beneath the mask. Because right now, the creature is certainly obscured a good deal, and it might be interesting to see a bit more of it.

Keep on rockin! I look forward to seeing more.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    100716-dinosaur-12p.grid-6x2.jpg

Here we go. I can just imagine some devilish looking eye peering from beneath that.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Block out looks ready, as long as it's easy for you to do the work in Zbrush. Tips for the kind of minutae workflow in that regard may be prudent to talk about for now. Just recently, spending time to set up hot keys and customize my UI in ZBrush has sped up my workflow a lot. See which brushes and buttons you use a lot and get those on your UI in one button instead of having to click three times. As well, try to work from big to small, don't rush into smaller details unless you're for sure the less dense mesh is as detailed and finished as you think you can get it. A lot of people initially just subdivide like mad thinking it is awesome, until they realize they have massive anatomy issues, etc, that are more easily fixed with less dense meshes instead of something that's pushing 1 million points.

Also, just as something to help in the future, do not just title your project thread as "Critique plz." You're sort of still playing to an audience here, and it's going be hard to get eyes on your WIPs with an unclear title. I'd recommend a subject line that describes the thing you're making, or just "[name]'s project thread" if you want to keep it as just one whole thing in the future for all your projects.
  • Tyroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tyroth polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Jeremy nice to meet yo and thx for the tip and reference.

Hi Jade nice to meet you too and thx for the tip on zbursh,yeah i trying to keep the polycount around 1m~800k for now. This my very first time to join a forum need more experience on posting stuff and thx again.

I have a question how to make lizard scale in z brush?
  • HelloMyNamesJordan
    I'm starting learning zbrush to but I think you'll use alphas to make the lizard scales. You can make them yourself in Photoshop or download them. I think zcentral has them to download for free :D