Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jill's Workshop

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Sean.Buck polycounter lvl 5
Hey all! This is an environment I made for the game I'm working on - Warp Derby. Built in UDK. This will be where you customize your car. Comments and critiques are always appreciated. I'm going to slowly be putting up shots of individual assets and texture sheets.

wC7WvVl.jpg

Replies

• Sean.Buck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are a couple of the assets and their corresponding texture sheets.

Bay Door

HPVVawt.jpg

Normal - Color - Spec

bMBK2B0.jpg

Magnet

nT0Xqcz.jpg

Normal - Color - Spec

s3LhXOX.jpg
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Large electromagnets typically have 3 chains holding the magnet to help stabilize uneven loads. The power cable can also be quite massive.
    Magnet-1-600x450.jpg

You might want to add some robotic arms to weld or otherwise assemble parts.

The red light between the door halves at the rear of the first image seems unnatural, looking like a rather thick neon light.

I;d get rid of the horizontal bars across the bay doors. The closed doors themselves would keep anybody from entering. Adding wear, large locks, or warning signs should be enough to indicate their inactive state.
    11839941-locked-abandoned-garage-doors-overgrown-with-weeds.jpg
  • Sean.Buck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments and reference. I'll look into getting a power cable onto the magnet - I'll have to check with my tech artist about how to go about rigging it since we'll be using it in one of the arena and will need to move around.

Also I'll take another pass at the red glow. Maybe close the doors a little more, tone it down and ad a little glow onto the outside of the rims of the doors or something.

Thanks!
  • Sean.Buck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another update of some of the assets and their texture sheets. Crates! and stairs.

Sm7yFLg.jpg

5sC8bLE.jpg

JaLCSQT.jpg

yDbRvnq.jpg

HBkXQ51.jpg
  • Sean.Buck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I'm going to turn this into a general Warp Derby work thread for myself. After Jill's Workshop I worked on some other assets for the new level that we're working on.

The first is a train that runs through the middle of the level to smash your car to bits. The second is a ram that pushes you around, generally into various deathtraps.

Train

Zbrush Sculpt

66N1vjy.jpg

In game (UDK)

3Jzws9J.png

QU55bMJ.png

wTER5zK.png

Ram

In game (UDK)

4vb2K29.jpg

hu9iPxu.jpg