Home Digital Sketchbooks

~OLD~Sketchbook: Death5114

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
death5114 polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone! So this is where I'll be putting up some of my 3d modeling WIP from now on. So, enjoy!

Current Portfolio: TylerHinthorne.ca

Replies

• death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my first time putting up any of my projects online, and would love the help. I'm making a dragon and want any tips before i get too far in to change things.

Side View

Side.jpg

Top.jpg

This picture is the basic concept im working off of. Of course im changing it quite a bit.. Like adding a body and all :p Im trying to get the body good and done, then ill worry about adding fur through Maya I'm thinking

wolf_dragon_by_kokodriliscus_d2xq4p7.jpg

Thanks ahead of time for all the help!
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress Update!

I fixed up the face, added in claws, added more muscle and detail to the neck, and lengthened the tail.

Untitled_1.jpg
    Untitled_2.jpg
    Untitled_3.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any critique would be greatly appreciated!!
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next Progress Update!

Dragon_Progress.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So this is my progress so far. Ive taken it into topogun to make the low res. My first time using topogun ^_^

Dragon_Topogun_Progress.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres my colour progress! Just started painting it in ZBrush. Finished my low poly in topogun as well ^_^

Untitled_1.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is how the environment for the dragon is coming. Going for a ruins/Tundra area feel.

Untitled_5.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here is the update on the dragon. I'm just starting to get the feel for the fur. Had it looking nice before, but Maya crashed and i cant seem to get it the same. I'm using shave and a haircut, so if anyone knows how to deal with the bald spots that'd be a lot of help ^_^

Fur1.jpg

nofur.jpg
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    being the first comment here, i feel that the dragons colour is a bit too bright to fit with your environment, its a huge contrast between the both.

Although, the dragon looks awesome in general!

also, the nose of the dragon sculpting looks stretched if you get what i mean
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 wrote: »
    being the first comment here, i feel that the dragons colour is a bit too bright to fit with your environment, its a huge contrast between the both.

Although, the dragon looks awesome in general!

also, the nose of the dragon sculpting looks stretched if you get what i mean
    The colour was kind of just the base i was working off :P Right now im making some changes to the colour and making it more grey, and much less blue. Thanks for the help with that! Never really thought of it!

And as for the nose, do you mean the entire snout? or just the nose itself?

Thanks for the help!! And double thanks for being the first to comment :P
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, Next update time! So for the time being I`ve stopped trying to work on getting realistic fur using maya or shave and a haircut. Im in the process of making the dragon have a bit more of a fur feel on the body instead of skin, and creating a fur texture for it in Zbrush. After that ill add in some fur cards and other things to get it much more fluffy!

ZBrush_Screen_Grab01.jpg
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And a quick update on the environment. Everything is now (Properly!) UVed, and i built some Lamps to make it a bit more interesting. Next step is to work on the texturing so that everything isn't the exact same :P

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    I should have said nose area, but the new sculpt looks a lot nicer, less furry haha, looks more like a dragon now, i like it!
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome ^_^ ^_^ Thanks!!
  • death5114
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here is another update! Im trying to add some fur cards to the dragon to get it clloser to the reference. The only problem is not 100% sure how to do it... so any tips would help a lot!!

Untitled_2.jpg

And with the enviroment i put it into UDK and scaled everything to a good size. I changed some lighting and added actual fire into the torches.
    Untitled_4.jpg