Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

open for critique

im new to texturing my models im taking a crash course for it at my college this semester. I finally finished my environmental scene but i don't feel to happy with it could you guys critique me plz.
ao.jpg

composite.jpg

Replies

• wobyen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! The modeling here looks really good to me, so great job! The details on the train engine are really solid.

As far as critique goes:

- The sky seems really low res. Find a higher resolution for this. Check out the clouds in the upper right corner for the most problematic area.

- The lighting feels flat and pretty generic. My only advice would be to really think about where the light is coming from (hue and brightness) and what you're communicating. AKA, where are we supposed to be looking in this composition, and where is the drama?

- I would look for a more varied texture for what's under the tracks. It's very samey and repeats too much.

That's all I can think of right now. Great job overall, just work on the compositional aspects and lighting and this will be a really nice work. :-)
  • wobyen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check this book out -- this has helped me a lot and should be required reading for anyone doing any sort of digital art.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Lighting-Rendering-Jeremy-Birn/dp/0321316312"]Digital Lighting and Rendering (2nd Edition): Jeremy Birn: 9780321316318: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
  • james62755
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wobyen thanks a lot ill pick at it more your advise really helps.