Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Topology Projection Problem

Hey all

Having trouble projecting all my high res mesh on to a Low mesh

topology_zpscc9c4bc7.jpg

As you can see its not including the clothe .. Am i doing something wrong?

It seems to be missing patches, Have i done the topology wrong? Iam trying to topologise it so i can rig it for animation use. I've messed with the settings on zbrush such as Max strip length PreSubDiv on the topology menu but nothing seems to be working.

Any help greatly appreciated Thanks!

Using this method to Retop [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fdog0y9jVQ"]Retopologizing in ZBrush - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks!

Replies

• DerekLeBrun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DerekLeBrun polycounter lvl 11
    You can try adjusting your "Dist" next to ProjectAll. The higher the value the farther out from the base-mesh it will look for points to project.

It's also helpful to do a project all in every level of subdivision starting at the lowest.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It's probably just getting confused because you have two meshes (flesh and clothes), and it's probably detecting the skint to be closer for projection in those areas.

Try increasing the distance value in the projection, giving it a projection cage, toying with some of the other settings (outer, etc), manually inflating the mesh, or setting up polygroups to hide occluded portions of the body.
  • vikz4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the fast replys

Sorry but where is the Dist ?

Iam running Zbrush 4r5 Thanks
  • vikz4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the projection tab theres only Pmulti, Strength and range
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Create the adaptive skin without projecting. Then use Tool:Subtool: Project All and its projection options

(you could try adjusting the range in the adaptive skin projection, but with that option alone it would be more limited)
  • DerekLeBrun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DerekLeBrun polycounter lvl 11
    Project all is in the SubTool Pallete. I usually get better results projecting from one subtool to another than from using the projection within the Retopo Zsphere.

While in preview mode, make your retopoed mesh into an adaptive skin or a polymesh3D, and start projecting to it using the SubTool Pallete ProjectAll.
  • vikz4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry i new at this What do i do step by step?

My mesh i was retopping on was one subtool as i merged it together before retopping.

So ive retopologised it.

then ?
  • vikz4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i THINK IVE DONE IT!

i made my retoppd mesh in to a PM3D Selected it appended my high res mesh messed around with the project all option and managed to get it without any holes by messing with the project shell :D!

Does this seem legit?