Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

More New Work

Hello all here is the latest project. A mobster, Tommy gun, 45 pistol, and a 1030 Ford car.
as usual any critiques are welcome. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Hi there! I think the best way to get feedback is to actually post your work while it's in progress, step by step. I see issues with the model (areas of connection, smoothing group errors, pieces that would benefit from some thickness, etc.), issues with the textures (mostly they just need some more work and refining - edge wear, grunge pass, material definition), and issues with presentation (lighting and background).

But that is always too much for people to try and critique at once, so it will be more helpful to everyone (and especially to you!) if you take it step by step. After you finish the model, post the wireframes. After you've done some textures, post the textured model, with your texture sheets. Talk about your goals for the piece, and your limitations/budgets. Not bad though, and good luck with the next piece! :]
  • RickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Jessica, thanks for the critique I wish I had more time to post a more step by step process these projects are on tight deadlines, and other class work and kids don't leave a lot of time. However when working on personal projects in the future I will keep your suggestion
    in mind because I need all the help from friends on the forum I can get. LOL!!!:)
    Thanks again!!!!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Getting to critiques:

Is this only the diffuse map or do you have additional maps applied? I would understand if it was only a diffuse map if it was "hand painted," but this doesn't seem to be the case.
  • RickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi JadeEyePanda, yes I only have a diffuse map applied. I have been trying to see what i can accomplish with hand painted textures.
    Thanks!!!