Home Technical Talk

Maya 2014 help !

Hey I'm Zack , I'm new to this forum and just got Maya 2014.
I really want to learn how to make 3d models in this program and than move them in Zbrush so I can sculpt them.
So..are there any good tutorials and where can I find them? :)
Thanks.

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Hey Zack, thats a pretty broad question. Best bet is to do a light skim over the polycount wiki, find something that sounds interesting to you and delve a little more in depth.

http://wiki.polycount.com/

start simple, learn the UI, try the built in help and quick start guide. Baby steps at this stage.
  • gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe

like passerby noted there are a lot of artists with many years of experience here so you might want to put in more effort on your end before asking a question. you could easily start searching on google and find a vast amount of tutorials.

also there are tutorials in the maya documentation that go over some of the basics. and introduce you to maya and show you what all the tools do and why

just hit F1 on your keyboard.

if for some reason your keyboard is missing the F1 key you can read them here.
    http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/maya2014/en_us/
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    i facepalmed for that reason, and that i don't believe that maya 2014 is publicly available yet, so it is prolly pirated from a leak.

but ya for learning, read the documentation, and start simple learn the tools, than move on to more advanced stuff.

your best to give things a try, than asking questions about specific problems your haveing, instead of just asking generic questions like that one.
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    Welcome to the forums.

On top of what everybody said, your subject doesn't point what you need. You could name it like: "maya to zbrush tutorials" or something... that would call the right attention and get you the help faster.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    digital-tutors.com (one among a plethora of other tutorial sites)
  • Zack-StefyRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I want to learn Maya from zero!
    And thanks everyone for suggestions, I'll do my best to find some tutorials..Digital Tutors seems like a good place to start + Maya's user's guide.
    Quick question : how do I import my Maya work in Zbrush 4R5??
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    You can export your objects as OBJ files from Maya then import them in ZBrush from the Tool palette. Or you can send them over directly using the GoZ feature, which is initially set up within ZBrush: at the top of your Tool palette on the right side bar, find the GoZ button and click on it. It should take you through the installation process. If not, press the R next to that button to force a reinstall.