Home General Discussion

Practice with team

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Obscura grand marshal polycounter
Hi guys, i don't know that this is the good place for this, or not, but anyone of you would like to practice in "team" with polycounter fellows? I mean working on something, with a small team. I think this would be good for the "not so pro" artists to get experience about working with team. Anyone interested?

Replies

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    How about the Escape competition? Or the monthly noob environment challenges?
  • Rebo421
    cptSwing wrote: »

very well put there are multiple challeges out there. the key is to get your work out there to grow as an artisit. i do understand what your saying tho and it would be cool to do an extremely simple project for absolute beginners my personal favorite would be the cube project ive seen in Pete cooper presentations. they have multiple examples of this. you take a simple cube and texture it to make it look like something, a treasure chest a back pack a bloc of ice. that's the great thing about a challenge like this its open to most everything. the team aspect does seem to be a good idea tho idk how it would work for the project stated above but working in groups helps ten fold when it comes to art COLLABORATION IS KEY!!!
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing wrote: »

The deadline of the Escape challenge is too near. And i don't feel myself "noob".Yes, anyone can join (including not so noob people), but I'm thinking about something bigger then a simple room or a "still scene". Something like a complete map for example.
  • ParoXum
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    Maybe you can join a mod or an indie game developer.
  • Habboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Yeah working with indies is great experience and if the game is good then it pays off.
  • alifarsangi
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    i like the idea ! how about doing some Mods ! for example Skyrim Mods or Team Fortress 2 ...
    but obviously its required some concepts artists as well !
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    The main idea was to make an environment,but yeah we would also making a mod, if this is the request. If there will be enough candidates or interested people, then i will start a thread for this project, and i will searching for concept artist (or concept artists) too.