Home Technical Talk

Photoshop layers - question

wizz
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
wizz polycounter lvl 8
Hi.

I have a little problem. I'm tring to select something on one layer and move this selected part. But the trick is I would like to do it on 3 layers at the same time. Is it possible ?

I've got composition and moving from one layer selecting and moving part of the image and then doing same work on second and third layer is a little bit difficut so I'm tring to do it at the same time.

Thanks in advance for help! Cheers!

Replies

• poLLos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poLLos polycounter lvl 3
    I'm not sure if you are familiar with photoshop's ability to record actions, but that would be the easiest way to achieve this. I just tested this and it seems to work for what you are trying to do:

With one of the three layers selected, start recording a new action.
    Then select the area you want to move, and move it to the new postion.
    Deselect and stop recording.

Now if you select each of the other layers and run the action, the same selection shape will be made and moved to the exact same position as the first layer.

Hopefully this helps, it's the only way I can think of doing it :)
  • poLLos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poLLos polycounter lvl 3
    ignore duplicate post
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not that I know of. It's something I've always wanted, particularly so I could adjust diffuse, spec and gloss at the same time. You can try to repeat your transformation (shift-ctrl-t, I believe?) but I've found that to be a bit unreliable in Photoshop. Might work for this purpose, however.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Best method I've found it to make an Action for it. But it's very one-off and inflexible.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 12
    Can you put the selections on their own layer? You could just select each layer and move those.