Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mech - FR - 2036

Hi All, it's been a long time since I have posted anything, so here we go. This was created with my "late" graphics card and HD , both died in the line of action. =)
This was a client model, but then after I got permission to modify and use as I please for my Portfolio.
Max-Photoshop-Vray-then Photoshop for re touching

New Update, Im happy with this one now. =)

ColorFull_1.jpg

WalkerFront_002.jpg

WalkerMech_Final_02.jpg

ColorFull_0002.jpg

Replies

• Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe polycounter lvl 12
    Could do with a more well lit version, kinda hard to see the details as is.
  • AjdinBarucija
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah you have a black mech rendered on a black background. I would say for the finished version do a lighter background so that we can see the details, and with more flattering lighting.

The details look great though and the modeling is solid!
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester wrote: »
    Yeah you have a black mech rendered on a black background. I would say for the finished version do a lighter background so that we can see the details, and with more flattering lighting.

The details look great though and the modeling is solid!

Glad you Like, He is in Space tho, illuminated by the Stars, a distant Sun, and the light which are on the mech. A Space Mech. :P
    If I do a Lighter render then this would be purely for display purpose and would not have the same "feeling".
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Even in space, a mech should be standing on something - a moon, an asteroid, a ship hull - otherwise there isn't much point to having legs...

The white lights also seem to exist only to provide Michael Bay-style lighting (i.e. superfluous lens flares). The ones on the arms seem especially unnecessary.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DWalker wrote: »
    Even in space, a mech should be standing on something - a moon, an asteroid, a ship hull - otherwise there isn't much point to having legs...

The white lights also seem to exist only to provide Michael Bay-style lighting (i.e. superfluous lens flares). The ones on the arms seem especially unnecessary.

1238191156338.jpg
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There have been plenty of space sequences that are still "moody" and give you a "feeling" that showcase the models pretty well.

The soundwave sequence in the transformers movies, battlestar galactica, starwars. Literally every space sequence in cinema is lit well. You have to step away from "logic" for the sake of aesthetic sometimes. If the mech is lit in an aesthetic way people aren't going to say "oh no no this is just not going to work, there is far too much light on him for him to be in space".

I would suggest giving him a rim light and a fill light instead of just a rim light.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Wester, you are totally right. After I reinstall all the software I will re light him again using some Ref Images of what you told me. Battlestar Galactica was an awesome show.
    =)
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gungriffon Geona polycounter lvl 18
    DWalker wrote: »

Someone isn't very good at scifi!
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That being said your modeling is stunning! Looks like something from exosquad. Great hardsurface piece.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah I found out what can be done, I should have made the background much lighter as said before!!! It looks wicked now will upload later, this is what happens when you work at 4 am in a darkened room editing XD
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snoops3d polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah I agree with everyone else excellent modeling, but all lost in the space scene, maybe he could be standing on some kind of launch pad or terminal?
    anyway great modeling
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I updated it, changed the background. I looked at Battlestar and did some quick Transformers research, so thanks ! =)
  • Envart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    I think the legs could do with a little more rim light to show off the detail. Great model and presentation. Very cool!