Home Technical Talk

How Do I Make... A Suit Shirt

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Nemecys polycounter lvl 9
Im very confused and having alot of problems, this may sound simple and trivial but my mind cannot comprehend the 3D space involved in the create of a collar :|

So,

I made this base mesh as a test,
2oAIF

Only major issue is the flipped faces, If i flip them the other way, I then have the issue of no backfaces when inside Zbrush,

So by shelling it That solves that issue, but then i had another problem with twisting faces and misaligned verts giving me this strange issue near the join
2oz9e

This may all come down to the fact that what im doing in the low poly just wont translate cleanly when subdivided,

If so how do i make a shirt with a collar to sculpt on, Its truly racking my brain, so any assitance would be appreciated

EDIT:
Just to help clear it up, Im looking to make a shirt, pretty much EXACTLY like this,
10_UpperBodySculpt.jpg

Relaxed open with a sense of thickness,

Replies

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Split the center edge loop and make them overlap each other.. like a real shirt.

Select all polygons and extrude them so they have some thickness to it. This also "fixes" the "flipped polygons" of the collar.

Be sure to delete all the polygons that are on the inside of the shirt, as they are just unnecessary polygons. Though, be sure to leave an extra polyloop at border edges.

Edit mesh where needed.

Check image. (ignore crappy topology)
    shirtPC.png
  • Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nemecys polycounter lvl 9
    bb0x,

Thank you so much, for that image, I'm currently having a go with it now,
    Ill post a result and let you know how it goes :)

Honestly, thanks A LOT! :thumbup:

UPDATE:

2oGcL

Thanks dude turned out great, no errors and a nice sculpting surface