Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gas giant once again

valuemeal
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
So here's the deal, I wanted to create one more fellow before
the gdc, so I thoughld try I would the gas giant deal again
here's what I got so far........I think i might be able to pull it off in a week

ksb5iiC.jpg
zCbflhX.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Cool concept! The upper body looks about 2x as wide as it should be. I also think you need to think of the different parts of the armor and how they would be made in the real world. Scuplting in the cracks isn't really working atm. I would break each piece apart and really feel out the volume of the armor to give it depth. Think of the shapes in 3d, because currently it appears you are stuck thinking in 2d particularly in the chest area.
    Keep working at it and this will turn out great!
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    help me out folks, this marmoset toolbag is a nightmare, the model's been retopoed,textured and normaled since saturday, but the toolbag has been giving me issues since then. Not sure if it's due to an outdated graphics card or what, but i am in a mega pickle, and I wanted to get this fellow done before the gdc tomorrow... I am in a real jam you know?
  • KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Well what sorts of issues are you having with Marmoset?
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    things seem really aliased or blurry when i do this. The renders also seem to be either too saturated or not saturated enough, and they are just getting worse the more I tinker
    RKx5XkY.jpg
    KviLdaq.jpg

too bright or too dark IDK man, it's really getting to me over here. I've got 11 hours left, I am all packed and want to get this dude done before I go... also I am using ennis house for the general lights and 3 point lighting for the lights
  • KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Marmoset is pretty straightforward imo. There's a lot of documentation on how to do renders on Marmoset's site as well as Polycount.

Marmoset has a setting in the output tab that allows you to change your render AA settings and screenshot size which should clear up any noticeable aliasing. As far as blurriness goes, you haven't changed any DOF settings, right?

If Marmoset is giving you problems for the time being due to hardware issues, you might just be better off rendering in whatever program you are the most familiar with and gives you the highest quality results (especially if you're pressed for time).
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that really could be it, I don't think I have the best graphic card, that really could be attributing to this one