Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warcraft Fan art - Troll (Critics Needed)

reza-lowpoly
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
reza-lowpoly polycounter lvl 8
Thats a Low poly Model, i bought a Troll Action figure n i made it in 3d. it was a nice Study

This is the Head (3 weeks ago)
BPR_Render.jpg

and this is the Final Render:
Troll.jpg

Critics are Welcomed!!!

Replies

• bigphun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's not quite working and it's because you haven't found a way to reconcile the hyper realism of the head and chest with the chunky WoW styled armor.

I think the high poly head is terrific and you should try to bring everything else up to that level of detail, even if you have to take some artistic liberties with the armor design. Throw in some leather straps so things don't seem like they are floating (a common trait for wow armor).
  • nksilver5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nksilver5 polycounter lvl 5
    the thing is you have some realistic textures while other don't or realistic sculpt with simple textures.

You should try to aim for more realism for the entire piece, in the texture or the sculpt, or both if you want. On the opposite you could fully hand paint it.

The head itself is good, but does not match the reste of the body / armor.

I think you should rework on your textures, try to get an " unified " look if I can say so :)
  • reza-lowpoly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reza-lowpoly polycounter lvl 8
    @bigpun; Yup You're Right About The Realism thing, but the action figure that i have, has too much Hyper Realistic Details & stuff, but in the same time they tried to make it like WoW! but i didnt wanted to go too far from both WoW style & that Action figure, and yeah the leather straps seems cool, ill make em and put em on some parts so they dont look floating anymore

@nksilver5; like i told bigphun, its the "bug" that my action figure has, which has too much Realistic Details even on the skin, while in "WoW" you dont see any Realistic Detail, and i think it was my problem that i wanted to have both! Realistic Details + Fully Hand-painted textures. thanks for the tip on the Texture, yea ill try and make em Unified so they dont look trashy anymore!

by the way, here are some of that Action figure picture i found on Net (the pictures doesnt have a great quality but you still can see the Details)

128284850c30660cc4dbcc96bf0cf60a.jpg
    jungle-troll-priest-25-cm-world-of-warcraft-wow_MLA-F-2805310413_062012.jpg

and thanks for the critics guys!