Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mr. Magic Caravan

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
87roach polycounter lvl 5
Hello all,

It's been a long time since I have posted anything around here, so I wanted to show my latest completed project.

I am calling it done but I am open to any crits that I can use for next time!

This started as a GA competition piece but I didn't make the deadline! So it sat around for a while collecting dust until I completed it the other week. The concept was done by a friend of mine and I did everything else, modeling, painting, etc. I think it turned out quite well.

I can't upload the highest quality image so please click on the Unity Web Player below for a better viewing. :)

This is Mr. Magic's Caravan!

Unity WebPlayer!!

The concept was done by: Cale

2yz04qp.jpg

Replies

• PhoenixWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhoenixWolf polycounter lvl 9
    wow dude you nailed it. It looks awesome in unity i wish i could rotate around it with some camera controls
  • 87roach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much!

In regards to the rotating around.. well you could but actually, everything that you don't see isn't there. Due to the budget, I was only able to make a single viewable angle. I didn't have to do this but I was able to get a lot more quality into the piece without having to worry about rotating around it.

Here's a picture of what I mean:

Caravan_Construction03_zpsf3158442.jpg:original
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I can't think of any technical reasons for a critique, other than style critiques. But wow, this feels bubbly and warm. I like it!
  • Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really nice. Add some christmas things and it's ideal holiday wallpaper :)
  • 87roach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't think of any technical reasons for a critique, other than style critiques. But wow, this feels bubbly and warm. I like it!

Thanks very much man!

I'd like to ask what you mean about style critiques?
    Ahoburg wrote: »
    Looks really nice. Add some christmas things and it's ideal holiday wallpaper :)

Thank you!

This is a great idea haha, an animated wallpaper would be awesome. I should of posted it in the winter when everyone is in more of a snowy mood. I may just use this for a holiday card :)