Home General Discussion

obscura's question

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Obscura grand marshal polycounter
Hi everybody, i hope its not the wrong section to ask this, but...
Is this enough, to call it "portfolio", and can i apply for jobs with this, or i need to make more things (or different)?
http://imageshack.us/user/obscura90
I know there is a lot of construction shots, but there is a wide range of various things (all real time), like environment assets, props, materials,lighting,etc, that represents i have good understanding of real time solutions and standards.
I have more then 5 years experience with game ready 3d, and i had a job too at a developer firm at the past here at Hungary.

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    My initial feeling would be that I am seeing a lot of the same asset, and that you need to organize better. Put 2D stuff in a 2D category and make a page for each project, like that sci-fi hallway. It is rather chaotic and messy right now, despite the fact that you may have enough work to apply with.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I'm not sure if this is just a way of showing us what images you plan on showing in your portfolio. But please don't use imageshack to show of your stuff. Maybe I'm a special kind of retard, but whenever someone posts an imageshack url I'm struggling to get the image to show on full scale.
    If I was a recruiter I'd probably close it down because I hate how imageshack works. Portfolio should be easily accesible and imageshack is the opposite (for me anyway).

Also I have to agree with Andreas, I see a LOT of that building on there and even worse, most screenshots/renders are taken in the same or similar angle. Which might make whoever is looking at it wonder if the asset looks bad from different angles because they're being hidden all the time.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    thank you guys, i agree, my imageshack is a little chaotic.this is because i use this site to share my works here. i will make a carbonmade portfolio soon...i just wanted to make sure, my works are enough, and have proper quality.the house is wip btw.