Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4 trouble placing reference into shdowbox

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
brianmumphrey polycounter lvl 9
Hello!

This is my first thread but I've been looking around here for a while and I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing work and motivation that comes out of this forum.

I am currently learning Zbrush 4R5 and have what seems to be a basic technique is giving me trouble. I have a character I have designed back and right in orthos to be used as background reference in Zbrush shadow box to make the basic shape easier. I know how to bring up shadow box, unwrap it, and how the box functions otherwise but have yet to find ANYTHING clear on how to place my reference on the actual shadow box.

This seems to be possible as the tutorial I have shows it has been done earlier but is not shown how it's done. This is my last resort, I prefer finding answers on my own through youtube, google, or the tutorials I have bought, but 2hrs worth of searching, watching videos and reading forums has led me to nothing. Is what I'm trying to do even possible?

I appreciate any help you can give me. I've included the character I'm doing at the bottom just for the curious.

[IMG][/img]GrimBao_zpse52bb0eb.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    When you have shadowbox turned on, expand Tools: TextureMap and click the thumbnail to import your texture. You should edit your image in photoshop to have it follow the included SBRef.PSD template (mine is in the ZBrush 4R5\ZTools folder, but I'm not sure if that's the default location)
  • brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brianmumphrey polycounter lvl 9
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was really getting frustrating looking for this to only have it not be shown in anything I could find. You just kept me from going outside and picking a fight with a tree. Thank you again.