Home General Discussion

Tablet recommendation

I got a 100 dollar apple store gift card.

I was thinking of spending it on a wacom bamboo capture. i was wondering if anyone here uses one, do they like it, should i scrounge some more cash up and get something more expensive.

this'll be my second tablet... but my first tablet was something like 5 years ago. in those 5 years i'd lost the tablet and have been using adobe products with mouse and keyboard. HOW ALIEN i know. but i've mostly been using illu and indesign in my daily work / life and the mouse has been more then adequate.

Now however i've been screwing around with zbrush and getting more into traditional painting / art and feel like getting a tablet would help me translate that stuff better.

anyways... recommendations?

Replies

• GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    I say get something bigger and cheaper for your first.Monoprice Tablets

I went stupid and got a Bamboo connect as my first. I later got my friend this.This. The surface texture feels so much better than mine. His pen feels better, My pen is like a small plastic tube and it feels like it'll break easily, His sensitivity also feels more accurate than mine. Its about 2 1/2 times the size of mine at half the price as well.

I'm on my 3rd nib since purchase and his hasn't even worn down. only flaw is it takes battery's BUT he's also still on the same battery after about 6 months.

Unless you're going to get a larger Capture then DON DO EIT!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    If you're on a budget, Monoprice tablets are good a good alternative over Wacom ones:
    frenden.com/the-little-monoprice-graphics-tablet-that-could/
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841

You can get one for less then $30, and it works on both PC and Mac (with the right drivers). It uses batteries for the pen, unlike Wacom tablets, but they last practically forever.