Home Technical Talk

Dota2 models don't compile

EDIT: It works now, somehow the lod0 version of the model had some strange reason lost its skinning information, which was the reason why it didn't work. :)

So I have made a model to Dota2 workshop, with lod0 and lod1 versions and textures, that I tried to submit to the workshop. All the textures are compiling fine, but the models compile only partly. For some reason the MDL- compilation fails.
I'm using Blender 3D, and I have checked that the polygon numbers are right. The rotation and scale are 0, as in the original one. I have also adjusted my antivirus program and added the exceptions there, so it shouldn't be the problem. I just don't know why the compilation doesn't work.

I tried with both .smd and .fbx, with only a slight change in the error message. The messages (only the problem parts) are as follows:

fbx:
Compiling DMX: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back_lod1.dmx
- Compilation successful.
Compiling QC: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.qc
Compiling MDL: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.mdl
CTargetMDL::Compile Failed - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.mdl
WARNING: CTargetZIP::Compile - Target 1 Compile Failed

smd:

Compiling DMX: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back_lod1.dmx
Compiling QC: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.qc
Compiling MDL: models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.mdl
CTargetMDL::Compile Failed - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\models\items\windrunner\0x065049c3\windrunner back\Windrunner Back.mdl
WARNING: CTargetZIP::Compile - Target 2 Compile Failed

Sorry for the smilies, don't know how to disable them.

Replies

• tharan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys i need some help !

I am trying to compile my item from the tool and there's like a problem

erreur.jpg

i have export my .smd file from 3ds max

i have save my tga file with photoshop

Should i place my item and maps files in a special folder ?

ty
  • oxhid3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oxhid3 polycounter lvl 4
    Hello,

I wouldn't even where to start a new POST here, so I ask here.---

I used to publish new items for dota2, (sven, slark, silencer) and all went OK,
    after the latest update (the 2nd of march) I cannot even test my models, not even the ones that worked just fine before...

what is it all about?

I get some CTarget.mdl error (failed do compile)...

why is that?
    what happend with the latest update of dota2?

no one seems to respond on this,
    I even asked valve (on official web page) a bunch of addresses, and nothing...

pls help,

or is it a way to get rid of people that try submitting items?

thanx a lot
  • Radiocity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump

Got same as oxhid3 and DigitalCrest