Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SYFY HALLWAY CRITIQUE AND FEEDBACK

Here is a rough block out of SyFy hallway im working on. A paintover and feedback would be nice.:\

Replies

• J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    Looks good so far, but I'd think someone would probably need something a bit more fleshed out before they do a paintover for you. It's so early it would be like they'd be coming up with the ideas for you, try some stuff out, find some good concept art/reference. When you've got more I'd be happy to do a paintover (with the limited painting abilities I have).
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
  • Trugb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I posted to share, not look for anyone to come up with ideas for me. I already know the route that i am going. Im just looking another perspective and maybe I can push it a little further.
  • Trugb
  • djgardner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trugb wrote: »
    I posted to share, not look for anyone to come up with ideas for me.

then why does the title say "critique and feedback"?
  • Trugb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djgardner wrote: »
    then why does the title say "critique and feedback"?

Yes it does. And again, im not looking for anyone to come up with ideas for me. Critique and feedback doesn't mean. Hey here is a rough draft, do this for me. I did not say that.
  • djgardner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but... you did. "A paintover and feedback would be nice" ... you gave us your rough draft and wanted a paint over. Jonnyquid was only saying you're to early in the design process for anyone to do a paint over, then you got defensive. I'd say this isn't the forum or place to ask for whatever it is you're asking. Deviantart may be better.
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Whats going on in the background looks a lot more interesting then the foreground. Your diffuse texture seems to be fighting your normals, due to this the normal information gets muddy and you can no longer make out the baked detail. I'd try and round your edges off slightly and create some good specular maps to help mush your normals to.
  • Trugb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Optinium for the positive feedback, I'm experimenting with just using normals. I will defiantly take those things you said into consideration.
  • Satotiga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Satotiga polycounter lvl 11
    I'm not sure of your experience levels with this kind of thing so apologies if it seems harsh but it all seems a bit basic to me. The screens are a bit basic; I'd spend a bit more time making them look more realistic taking inspiration from Prometheus, Avatar and Iron Man (off the top of my head I know these films have plenty of scenes with futuristic monitors.

Your textures also seem a bit low res; in the latest screenshot the detail from the normal map is clearly quite pixelated for example.

I look forward to seeing how things progress though, good luck!
  • Trugb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I am having problems with nvidia normal mapping. I am going to model those details in.
    ToTheWorld wrote: »
    I'm not sure of your experience levels with this kind of thing so apologies if it seems harsh but it all seems a bit basic to me. The screens are a bit basic; I'd spend a bit more time making them look more realistic taking inspiration from Prometheus, Avatar and Iron Man (off the top of my head I know these films have plenty of scenes with futuristic monitors.

Your textures also seem a bit low res; in the latest screenshot the detail from the normal map is clearly quite pixelated for example.

I look forward to seeing how things progress though, good luck!
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    I would look at some other scifi hallways and then look at yours.