Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BMX Game WIP

Hey all,

This is a project I've been working on here and there for a while, mostly for my own enjoyment and to learn Unity and C#, it's a standard BMX game. The video starts off featuring the park editor, which at the moment only has a few objects available, but I'll surely add more as time goes on.

Second part is some riding on the ramp I created with the editor, as you can see the physics are still pretty rough and you can only really do two tricks, but this will change in the future as well.

Keep in mind that it's still in it's early stages, but I would love to hear what everybody thinks and get some feedback!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYvGUkw5C24"]Alex Leighton's BMX Game Alpha Footage - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• makinmagic3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    makinmagic3 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks pretty good so far, however for me when you placed the porta-loo thingy in the ramps seemed tiny.

I would like to see some leaning from the bike when turning left/ right.
  • AlexLeighton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the porta potty might be a bit big, but I think I probably just made the ramps a little small this time.

Right now the bike is just being animated by manipulating the transforms, I'm not much of an animator but I'll try to get it looking a bit more natural as time goes on.

Thanks for the input!
  • AlexLeighton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've made quite a bit of progress since I last posted, I'm hoping to have a demo ready sometime in the next few days. But for now here's a few recent screenshots.

BikeparkScreens130420_01.jpg
    BikeparkScreens130420_02.jpg
    BikeparkScreens130420_03.jpg
    BikeparkScreens130420_04.jpg
    BikeparkScreens130420_05.jpg

Please let me know what you think!