Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Halogen Studios looking for Concept Artists and 3D modelers (Rev-Share Hobby Work)

Halogen Studios
Recruiting for Cyber Punk RPG

Hello my name is Taylor Wood and I am the creative director of Halogen Studios. The team is currently comprised of about 11 people and we are looking to expand further. We are in need of additional concept artists and 3D modelers for a 3D Photo realistic Cyber Punk Coop RPG for the PC (possible console ports in the future). The mechanics of the game will be similar to games like RaiderZ, Tera Online, and Darksouls, and will be broken into multiple games (or episodes much like Half Life).

We have purchased a 25 seat unlimited license for the Hero Engine already and have already begun to work and tweak it however currently do not have any alpha yet as we just started the project up. We have a solid story in place that is being worked on constantly, and with the Hero Engine, will have dedicated servers at launch to host the Co-op aspects of the game already.

Please feel free to contact me at any of the contact info below, I am willing to talk to anyone regarding my project, not only as a recruiter for the team, but also as an excited developer. The more I work on the project and develop the game, the more excited I am to find a team to really help push it into our goals and expectations, so feel free to chat with me.

Contact Methods
Email: halogenstudios.indie@gmail.com
Skype Name: taylor.wood691
Our team currently uses Skype and Bird View Projects to organize the team and to assign and keep track of tasks and assignments.

Team Structure
Taylor Wood (myself)- Creative Director (Project Manager)
Matthew Desjardin - Programmer
Kai Niklas - Programmer
Matthew Pablo - Audio Engineer
Dane Haupt-Renaud - Composer
Steve Winkler - Writer
Patrick Quinn - Writer, PR, Designer
Chris Bruin - Concept Artist
Matthew Bard - 3D Modeler
Charles Ashmoney - Animator/Rigger

Compensation Plan
No pay as this is a hobby project, however when the game goes live for retail, team members will receive a cut of the pay. No contracts in place yet, but will have some drawn up long before the launch of the game.

Technology
Target System: PC (possible console ports in the future) Programming Language: C++ and Hero Script (faster than Python) Artists/modeler Software: 3DS Max, Autodesk Maya
Game Engine: Hero Engine* (engine used for Star Wars: The Old Republic)
*We have already purchased the unlimited 25 seat license for the engine and have a functioning server.

Replies

• Taylor Wood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just picked up an additional Concept Artist. Still looking for additional 3D modelers, preferably someone who can model characters.
  • Taylor Wood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update. We have recruited an additional concept artist (putting us at 3) as well as a 3D modeler for characters specifically. We have a team of about 13 now (with a few extras when the time is needed) and all we are in need of now is an environment designer to work on creating the world within the Hero Engine. If anyone is interested, please contact me via email or skype (listed above)