Home Technical Talk

Transfer all scripts and plugins from 3dsmax 2012 to 2013?

Is there a safe way to do this? I hate having to manually go through and reinstall everything since I'm pretty strapped for time right now. Or could I simply just copy my max's script folder over?

Replies

• SlyRipper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SlyRipper polycounter lvl 6
    Well I think you have to copy&paste alls scripts to the new max folder and install them once, if you start max the first time.. scripts are installed pretty fast, so you also don't have 10mins of time to install and set them up?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I maintain a .mzp file that installs all of my scripts and the customizable max stuff in one shot. It's a pretty big commitment to setup but maintaining it isn't that hard once its put together. If you're on subscription and you're installing a new version of max every year its worth setting up. If its just a one time thing there isn't anything out of the box that makes it easy, which is a shame, you would think they would want to make that process as painless as possible...
  • Mohammatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very true sly, I guess all the scripts I have in that folder just seem a bit overwhelming lol. I'll try what both of yall suggested, thanks a bunch!
  • jasara
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could i ask a question instead how can u transfer ur 3dsmax 2012 file to 3dsmax design 2012